We are the NHS. Apply to be a mental health nurse in Greater Manchester, England, with Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime.
The NHS is one of the biggest and best employers in the world. By working with us you’ll get support to develop your skills, meet new people, and make a big difference to people’s lives.
At Pennine Care we provide mental health, learning disability, and autism services to a population of 1.3million people across Greater Manchester. You'll join more than 3,600 dedicated and skilled colleagues delivering care from 88 different locations.
And when you move to Greater Manchester, you’ll get:
- Help finding somewhere to live
- Support to find a good local school for your children
- Support to find a doctor and a dentist
- A welcome package including food and essential items
- A great work-life balance
- To live somewhere with a great history, with lots to see and do.
Our recruitment partner NEU Professionals is holding video interviews.
- Salary Band 5 pay scale from £27,055 gross per annum. (Pre OSCE salary: £23,177)
- Enhancements for “unsocial” working hours, nights and Saturdays +30%, Sundays and Public (Bank) Holidays +60%
- Permanent, full time positions + overtime and additional shifts available
- NMC Qualification evaluation fee (£140)
- CBT exam fee (£83)
- OSCE exam fee (£794) – first attempt only
- Certificate of Sponsorship (£3,199)
- Visa fee – sponsored in advance
- 1 month of free accommodation (single occupancy only) + further 2 weeks should you require to quarantine on arrival
- Inbound flight to the UK of max. value of £650 (including airport transfer)
- A welcome package including groceries for the first few days
- 27 days of paid holidays + 8 public holidays
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Enhanced NHS Pension scheme, excellent maternity and paternity leave packages, discounts in local shops, restaurants and more.
Candidates will be provided with a comprehensive 6 week OSCE training course and sit the exam on week 7. Following the successful completion of the NMC registration the candidates will then attend the standard NHS induction and will be further supported and mentored within their ward or area of specialty.
- Nursing degree at post-secondary level leading to registration as a general nurse
- NMC test of competence in Mental Health – Computer Based Test “CBT”
- Proof of English language proficiency in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s requirements.
- Minimum 1 year of working experience as a Registered Nurse in Mental Health hospital setting. (academic internships not considered).