GP consultation .jpgIf you need urgent mental health support or advice, contact our 24-hour mental health helpline on 0800 014 9995.

Click here for details of external helplines, which can help with a range of issues.

You can also make an appointment with your GP.

In an emergency, phone 999 or go to your nearest accident and emergency (A&E) department.


All age:

Adults and older people:

  • Healthy Minds: support for people aged 16 years+ experiencing mild to moderate common mental health problems. Our Silver Cloud self-help programme has little to no waiting times and you can instantly access support and materials that have been proven to work
  • Military veterans’ services: support for British ex-serving personnel experiencing mental health difficulties, related to their time and experiences in the armed forces. The transition, intervention and liaison service (TILS) is a North West community service, for ex-serving personnel and those transitioning out of the armed forces (with a discharge date). The Military Veterans Service is a community-based psychological therapy service for veterans in Greater Manchester and Lancashire.
  • Re-engage (external charity): provides free support to people over 75 who are lonely or isolated. This can include a regular call from one of their companions, tea parties, activity sessions and more
  • Age UK (external charity): wide range of support, advice and care for older people; supporting them to remain active, independent and avoid being isolated
  • Early attachment services (parent-infant mental health in Bury, Oldham, the Rochdale borough and Tameside and Glossop): support for parents during pregnancy and parents and babies up until their second birthday

Children and young people (child and adolescent mental health services):

  • School-based mental health support (Oldham and Rochdale borough): This year we have launched young people’s mental health support service in schools across Oldham and the Rochdale borough. The teams support young people aged 4 to 18, who are experiencing low level emotional and behavioural difficulties. To find out if the service is available in your/ your child’s school, speak to a teacher or the school mental health lead. The service will launch in Tameside and Glossop early next year and in Bury and Stockport in the future
  • #Thrive (Rochdale borough only): support for those aged up to 19 years, experiencing emotional health and wellbeing issues. You must live or be registered with a GP practice in Heywood, Middleton or Rochdale. The team can also support and advise parents, carers and anyone who works with a child or young person
  • Community eating disorders service: care and support for children and young people with an eating disorder. Support is also available to families, carers, and those who work with, or support, a child or young person
  • Early attachment service (parent-infant mental health in Bury, Oldham, the Rochdale borough and Tameside and Glossop): support for parents during pregnancy and for parents and babies up until their second birthday
  • External resources: apps, videos, guides and websites to support with a range of issues and conditions

If you are not sure what support best meets your needs, or you think you need a referral to one of our specialist services, please make an appointment with your GP.