Want to help change and improve people's lives every day? Join our learning disabilities teams and help build a fairer society for everyone.
You'll help to change and improve people's lives every day; supporting people with a learning disability to have a voice and help us build a fairer society for all. We'll support you to learn, grow and develop as we improve and develop our services.
- Opportunities for every colleague to be involved in research, service improvement and quality improvement
- Dedicated learning disabilities research hub working to improve patient care and experience and shape future clinical practice
- Specialist interest groups - opportunities to develop practice, and make evidence-based changes
- Work in a multidisciplinary team, learning from other colleagues and disciplines, and providing holistic person-centred care,
- Staff wellbeing service, including workplace wellbeing plan for every staff
- Mentoring, coaching, training and career progression
- Flexible working in all our roles
- Great benefits and pension
A word from our team:
Angela Howarth, head of quality: "It's a real privilege to work in the NHS and work with a team committed and driven to improve people's quality of life. I'm really proud to be part of the team."
Dr Dipti Patil, consultant psychiatrist: "I wake up in the morning and I want to come to work. Every client I work with is fascinating, the challenges they face, the resilience they show to get through each day. The people we support are our heroes."
Tracey Carr, service manager for community learning disabilities team: "When I was doing my A levels I volunteered and supported someone who had a learning disability. I was frustrated because of the experience she had in getting the help she needed. I became a learning disability nurse to make a difference."
Jonathan Holt-Davey, learning disability clinical team manager: "We all have a strong commitment to social justice, making sure people's voices are heard which is really important and valuable. We change people's lives, we change our services, we make real improvements every day."