Oak Ward is an adult inpatient ward, providing specialised care for males with a variety of mental health needs.
The ward is made up of 22 individual bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities.
We provide a therapeutic space off the ward which includes a fully equipped gym, a newly-equipped sensory room and creative therapy room for everyone to use.
Our team provides round the clock care and is made up of:
- Nurses and nursing assistants
- Occupational therapist and technical instructors
- Recovery inclusion workers
- Medical staff
While you are with us you will receive one-to-one support to develop your own care plan, which will be used to facilitate your recovery and safe discharge.
This can include:
- A meaningful programme of ward-based activities, coordinated by our occupational therapy team.
- Psychological therapy on a one-to-one basis, with a qualified psychologist
- Additional support with housing benefits and social inclusion
- Full physical health screening, frequent reviews and follow up treatment
- Access to electro convulsive therapy (ECT)
During your stay we may prescribe and administer medication; and we will endeavour to involve you in this process.
We maintain close contact with community mental health services to ensure continuity of your care.
We also welcome involvement from your family and carers.