Trafford Health Visiting
Every family in Trafford with a child aged 0-5 years has a named health visitor.
A health visitor is a registered nurse or midwife with specialist qualifications in community health which includes child health, health promotion and education.
Our role is about the prevention of illness and helping people stay fit and healthy.
The health visitor offers support and encouragement to families from pregnancy and birth through the early years to primary school - advising on feeding, safety, physical and emotional development and other aspects of health and childcare.
Our health visitors work in smaller teams located throughout the borough. The phone numbers for each are as follows:
- Altrincham – 0161 912 4044
- Timperley – 0161 912 3355
- Urmston and Partington – 0161 716 3810
- Old Trafford – 0161 911 8247
- Stretford – 0161 912 5567
- Sale West – 0161 912 2287
- Sale Moor – 0161 912 1881
Trafford Town Hall
- See above
- Self referral
- Health professional
- Social care professional