Psychological medicine post-covid service
If you think you have long COVID or 'post-COVID syndrome' and are struggling psychologically to cope with all that comes with this condition, then our service can help.

Our team is made up of lots of different professionals, including social workers, clinical psychologists, consultant psychiatrists, cognitive behavioural therapists, and administrators.

We work closely with other healthcare colleagues to make sure all aspects of your care are supported.

We can help if you: 

  • Are aged 18 or over 
  • Have a history of probable covid
  • Have persistent and disabling symptoms following infection, despite medical investigations and treatment
  • Are registered with a GP within Bury, Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport, or Tameside and Glossop


Having covid can affect people in different ways. You may find you feel fed up after having the infection, or find that you're struggling to come to terms with changes in your physical wellbeing.

You may have ongoing physical symptoms that medical approaches have not been able to help.

You may feel worried, panicky, or struggle to shake off thoughts about the illness.

It is not unusual to find it difficult to concentrate or remember things for a while after having covid.

Each of these problems may make it harder to stay motivated. They might also make it difficult to manage attending appointments, or follow advice from your GP or other healthcare professionals.

Getting support from our team is a starting point to helping improve your mood and support you with your care.

We work closely with other healthcare colleagues to make sure that all aspects of your care are supported.

We can offer training and consultation to health and social care professionals on request. This can be formal or informal. 

To be considered for a referral, please discuss this with any health and social care professional involved in your care. They make a referral to the service on your behalf.

If you require a referral for a child or young person, please discuss this with any health or social care professional. They can then make a referral to the relevant children's service.

Health and social care professionals can request advice or an initial consultation, or make a referral by:


Calling: 0161 716 2076

We work closely with other professionals to make sure we offer you the best care. To help us to help you, we will ask other agencies involved in your care, such as your GP, to provide us with information about you that is relevant, necessary and proportionate.

All information sharing is done confidentially, securely, and in accordance with UK data protection legislation requirements.

If you have any concerns about how your information is used or wish to discuss this further, please speak to one of our team or visit our how we use your information page for more details.