Bury Secondary Care Psychological Therapy
The service provides psychological assessment, formulation and individual or group therapies for recipients of secondary care mental health team services.
Patients might be referred by care co-ordinators, who would be invited to talk through their case in a regular weekly consultation clinic to decide on appropriate action.
Expertise in therapeutic models includes:
- Psychodynamic, including interpersonal therapies, cognitive behavioural therapy, cognitive analytic therapy and dialectical behavioural therapy (though the latter has a separate referral pathway).
- Consultation and advice to community mental health team (CMHT) care co-ordinators, psychiatrists, GPs and teams serving the needs of patients with severe and enduring mental health problems.
- Weekly dedicated clinical psychology service to multi-disciplinary screening meetings discussing CMHT referrals.
- Limited service to in-patients of psychiatric wards at Fairfield General Hospital.
- Supervision and training for clinical psychologists, psychological therapists and psychiatry trainees within the north division.
- Screening and signposting to suitable specialist services where indicated.
First Floor Humphrey House
- 0161 253 7661
- Parking Available:
Monday - Friday, 8.30-4.40pm.
- Care co-ordinator
- Community team members
- Ward staff