Bury Community Eye Service
The Community Eye Service provides a number of ophthalmic services to people registered with a GP in Bury.
- orthoptics (squints, double vision, lazy eye etc) for adults and children
- ophthalmology for children
- community glaucoma service
- glasses testing for children
- low vision aids for adults and children
- a range of orthoptic specialisms including children with complex needs, stroke, specific literacy difficulties and adults with learning disabilities
We can assess the vision of the very young and provide advice to people with low vision and their carers.
The service is delivered at a number of community clinics in Bury
The service is provided for anyone registered with a Bury GP.
Appropriate self-referral is accepted as is from any clinical practitioner including high street optometrists.
Whole population orthoptic screening is offered to every child attending reception class in a Bury school.
4th Floor, Townside PCC
- 0161 762 1692
- 0161 762 1676
- Parking Available:
Mon - Sat 8.30am to 8.00pm
- Self referral
- Health professional
- Social care professional