Bury Adult Community Nursing Service (district nursing)
We are the Bury Adult Community Nursing Service (you may know us as district nursing) and we provide highly skilled planned care, mainly to people who are house bound.
To be eligible to receive care at home, you must meet our housebound definition: "A person who is permanently or temporarily confined to their place of residence due to illness or disability and are unable to use any form of transport as a means to access hospital appointments or outreach services."
We aim to help people avoid an unnecessary hospital admission or support them to be discharged more quickly.
More specifically, we offer:
- Holistic health needs assessments for patients, famililes and carers (this means we take into account all physical, mental health and social needs - rather than just your symptoms)
- Education to enable you (and anyone who cares for you) to better manage your condition. This can help you to become more confident and independent and improve your quality of life
- Care for complex long-term conditions
- Brief interventions (this means we provide advice to help you reduce unhealthy behaviours such as smoking or alcohol intake and signpost to other appropriate services)
- Some wound management and palliative care
We work within the following township teams:
- Bury central
- Ramsbottom, Tottington and North Manor
- Whitefield and Unsworth
Referrals to our service are via the Single Point of Access at the details below.
Single Point of Access (ABC)
Textile Hall, Manchester Road
- 0300 323 3316
- 0300 323 3321
8.30am to 5pm, 7 days a week
- Health professional
- Social care professional