Beckett Place is an ten bed step-down relationally secure unit for women with severe mental illness and complex needs.
Our overall aim is to provide intensive rehabilitation, based upon a gender-sensitive approach to care. We focus on your individual needs and aim to rehabilitate and reintegrate you into the community.
Our objective is to improve and enhance the service for you and your carers, in an suitable environment, so you take an active role in your recovery.
We strive to keep you at the heart of this process, so through your experience you feel better served by us and the mental health care system.
What we can help with
We can provide a programme of support to help if you've found it difficult to engage with mental health services, or if treatment hasn't helped previously.
If some of these apply to you then we may be able to help:
- You have post-traumatic disorders, personality difficulties and significant attachment disorders
- You experience aggression and/or self-harm
- You have a secondary diagnosis of personality disorder and may present with challenging behaviour
- You have a history of illicit substance misuse, also have an index offence and are subject to a treatment and/or detention order by the Ministry of Justice.
- You have a history of vulnerability and exploitation in mixed gender settings, and you've been assessed as requiring a two year period of rehabilitation.