The CAMHS home treatment team provide cares to young people living in Stockport, Tameside, Oldham, Rochdale and Bury.
We can support you if you are a young person aged up to 18, open to Pennine Care's CAMHS, CAMHS transition or early intervention team.
We have three pathways, dependent on your current level of support and needs:
Home intensive treatment, supported discharge and admission avoidance.
Home intensive treatment
Referrals are accepted from CAMHS, CAMHS transition teams, rapid response and early intervention teams.
We enhance the current community care package, if you have more complex needs and are at risk of hospital admission without this care in place.
Supported early discharge
We work closely with CAMHS hospital services to see if it would be suitable for you to leave hospital.
We facilitate an early discharge from these services (in and out of area) to reduce length of stay and enable a smooth transition back to the community.
Referrals are accepted from the Greater Manchester assessment and inreach centre (GMAIC).
This is an alternative to general adolescent inpatient (hopsital) admission, with enhanced support if you have complex needs and are at risk of hospital admission.
- Planned home visits
- Psychosocial interventions
- Full mental state examination and assessment
- Risk assessment and management
- Medical input on consultations, review, medication prescribing and management
- Promoting self-management techniques
- Providing access to other supporting agencies
- Carer and family support
- Onward referral and signposting
- Brief cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Relapse prevention
- Crisis management
If you are a carer, supporting a young person at home, we can help by listening to your concerns and providing support when needed.
We can offer:
- Support and brief family work
- Guidance (Young Minds, Papyrus, Pennine Care CAMHS website)
- Information about our patient, advice and liaison service (PALS)
We want to keep improving services based on your feedback.
Visit our 'you said, we're planning' page to see some of the things we've done, improvements we're planning, and how you can give your feedback.