The CAMHS Home Treatment Team provide care to young people living in Stockport, Tameside, Oldham, Rochdale and Bury.
We can support you if you are a young person aged up to 18, if they are open to CAMHS, CAMHS Transition or Early Intervention team, within Pennine Care.
We have three pathways, dependent on current support and need:
Home intensive treatment, supported discharge and alternative to admission.
Home intensive treatment
Accepted from CAMHS, CAMHS Transition Teams, Rapid Respons and Early Intervention Teams.
We enhance the current community care package for young people with complex needs who are at risk of hospital admission, if they did not have an enhanced package of community care.
Supported early discharge
We work closely with inpatient wards in identifying young people who are suitable for an early discharge pathway.
We facilitate an early discharge from CAMHS inpatient services (in and out of area) in order to reduce length of stay and enable a smooth transition back to the community.
Accepted from the Greater Manchester Assessment and Inreach Centre (GMAIC).
An alternative to general adolescent inpatient admission with enhanced support for young people with complex needs who are at risk of hospital admission.
- Planned home visits
- Psychosocial interventions
- Full mental state examination and assessment
- Risk assessment and management
- Medical input on consultations, review, medication prescribing and management
- Promoting self-management techniques
- Providing access to other supporting agencies
- Carer and family support
- Onward referral and signposting
- Brief cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Relapse prevention
- Crisis management
We work with carers who are supporting people at home by listening to their concerns and providing support when needed.
We can offer:
- Support and brief family work
- Guidance (Young Minds, Papyrus, Pennine Care CAMHS website)
- Information about our patient, advice and liaison service (PALS)
If you wish to make a complaint, you can reach out to our Complaints Team. You can contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 716 3083