If you are in crisis and you feel that you need support urgently then you should do one of the following:

  • Talk to an adult, friend or somebody that you trust as soon as you can.

The following sources of support might also be helpful:


  • If you are already being seen by CAMHS and it is during office hours (Mon-Fri 9 am – 5 pm), call your CAMHS worker.
  • You can also call NHS Emergency & Urgent Care Services by dialling 111
  •  If you do not currently have a CAMHS worker,  or it is outside of office hours, or if you need urgent medical attention you should attend A&E.  When you get to A&E you will be seen by a mental health professional as soon as possible.

If you are already open to CAMHS and have a Crisis Plan, please follow the plan. You should have a written copy of it. If not, contact your case manager and ask for a new copy of the plan.

If you are open to CAMHS and do not have a Crisis Plan, please ring your local CAMHS and ask to speak to your case manager. If he or she is not available, ask to speak to the duty worker.

If you are NOT already open to CAMHS and are feeling suicidal please either go to A&E or access emergency services.

You are not alone. Please reach out for help.