Bury mental health support team - thrive in education
We help young people, aged five to 18, who are experiencing anxiety, low mood and other issues affecting wellbeing.
We (Pennine Care) run the service in partnership with a local charity Early Break, and work directly with a number of schools and colleges in the Bury area.
Our aim is to help you reach your full potential, by offering the right support, in the right place, at the right time.
We’re here all year round, including school holidays.
We help with mild to moderate mental health problems, such as anxiety or low mood, and behavioural difficulties.
A mild mental health problem is when you have a small number of symptoms which have a limited effect on your daily life. A moderate problem is if you have more symptoms that can make your daily life more difficult than usual.
There are three main ways we can help:
- Provide 1:1 sessions and group work to help you cope and to prevent common mental health problems
- Support schools and colleges to develop their approach to mental health, so you get the right help and can stay in school or college.
- Offer training and guidance for staff at school and parent groups
- Elton High School
- Hazelwood High School
- Parrenthorn High School
- Philips High School
- St Gabriel’s RC High School
- The Derby
- The Heys
- Tottington High School
- Unsworth Academy
- Cams Lane Primary School
- Chesham Primary School
- Park View Primary School
- St John’s with St Mark’s CE Primary School
- St John’s CE primary
- St Joseph and St Bede’s RC Primary School
- St Stephen’s CE primary School
- Unsworth Primary School
- Woodbank Primary School
- Summerseat Methodist Primary School
Phase 2 (January - March 2023)
- Chantlers Primary School
- Christ Church CE Primary School Walshaw
- Emmanuel Holcombe Primary School
- Holy Mount RC Primary
- Higher Lane Primary School
- Hazelhurst Community Primary School
- Hollins Grundy Primary School
- St Joseph’s RC Primary School
- St Mary’s CE Primary School Prestwich
- Elms Bank Special School
- Spring Lane School
- Bury College
- Holy Cross College
Apologies if your school or college is not listed, but we hope to be able to expand into more across Bury in the future.
Please chat to the mental health lead at your or your child's school, who can make a referral to us.
Click the tab above to see the schools and colleges we cover.