Healthy Young Minds Oldham - Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
At Healthy Young Minds Oldham (formerly CAMHS) we offer specialist services to children and young people who are experiencing mental health and emotional wellbeing difficulties.
We help children and young people up to the age of 18 years and provide support to their families/carers.
Some of the problems that we can help with include:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- More complex psychological difficulties
We also provide consultation, advice and training to other agencies.
The team is multi-disciplinary, which means our clinicians come from a range of clinical and professional backgrounds. This includes psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, psychologists and many others.
New single point of access
To make sure people can easily access our service, we now have a single point of access via the Oldham Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH). The MASH is Oldham’s first point of contact for:
- Safeguarding referrals to protect children, young people or adults from harm, abuse or neglect
- Care and support services which help individuals or families to meet their long-term needs, prevent or delay needs becoming more serious, lead independent lives and reduce dependence on public services
It is no longer possible to refer directly to the Healthy Young Minds Service, other than urgent referrals through accident and emergency and paediatric wards.
Anyone can now make a referral to our service including:
- Self-referral by a young person
- Parents and carers
- All health professionals
- All social care professionals
- Education professionals
- Anyone who works or comes into contact with a young person
Referrals made by a professional
Professionals making a referral on behalf of a young peson should us the online form available at: www.oldham.gov.uk/early_help_referral
Please note, anyone making a referral on behalf of a young person must gain their consent to make a referral to the MASH and check that they agree for their information to be shared with MASH services, as required and appropriate. Please reassure them that the process for sharing information is safe and secure.
Self-referrals or referrals made by a parent or carer
Self-referrals or referrals made by a parent or carer can be made in the following ways. Please ensure you have the young person's consent before making the referral.
- Online form: www.oldham.gov.uk/early_help_referral
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0161 770 7777
- Fax: 0161 770 1576
- Post: Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), Level 9, Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UT
If you have any queries, you can contact the Healthy Young Minds Team directly on 0161 716 2020 or the Oldham MASH on 0161 770 7777.
You can find out more about our Healthy Young Minds services on our dedicated website.
Healthy Young Minds Oldham, Reflections Building,
The Royal Oldham Hospital
- Referrals: 0161 770 7777 Queries: 0161 716 2020
- Referrals: 0161 716 2059
- Parking Available:
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9am to 5pm. Wednesday and Thursday 8am to 8pm.
- Self referral
- Health professional
- Social care professional
- Anyone working with young children and their families