Bury Health Visiting
The Health Visiting Service is a universal prevention and early detection service for all children and families that will enable them to achieve optimum health and wellbeing.
Every family in Bury with a pre-school child will be offered access to the Health Visiting Service. These services can be adapted to suit individual family needs within a home or community setting.
Health visitors are qualified nurses with specialist training and experience in many key areas, including child health, health promotion and education and work within a skill mix team including community staff nurses, nursery nurse and support staff.
The team can advise on:
- Infant feeding / breast feeding
- Healthy eating and child growth
- Immunisation and prevention of disease
- Everyday issues such as child development, teething, sleeping and behaviour
- Accident prevention
- Post natal mood problems
- Domestic violence
- Signposting / referral to other services
Team contact numbers
Contact details for the health visiting teams:
- Radcliffe Team - based at Radcliffe Primary Care Centre - 0161 724 2086
- Ramsbottom, Tottington and North Manor Township Team - based at Ramsbottom Health Centre - 01706 282 933.
- Bury Town Centre Township Team - Based at Windsor House - 0161 762 3291 (select option 3)
- Prestwich Township Team - based at Windsor House - 0161 762 3291 (select option 2)
- Whitefield Township Team - based at Windsor House - 0161 762 3291 (select option 1)
- Alternative service number - 01706 282 935
You can also follow Bury Health Visiting Service on Facebook.
Ramsbottom Health Centre
- See service page for team contact numbers
- 01706 282931
- Parking Available:
- Self referral