Mental Health Services
Pennine Care provides mental health services across Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our mental health services provide care and treatment for people with conditions such as depression, anxiety or dementia, as well as mental health illnesses such as personality disorder, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder and more.
Many of these services are based in community buildings and clinics, but we also have a number of mental health wards and units located on hospital sites.
The services we are responsible for varies according to each borough and more details can be found in our service directory.
A high level summary is provided below:
- Healthy Minds – an IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) or ‘talking therapy’ service to support people with common problems such as low mood, stress or anxiety
- Working age adult inpatient and community services, including access and crisis, home treatment, assertive outreach and early intervention
- Older People’s inpatient and community services
- Working age and older people’s RAID (rapid assessment interface and discharge) services based in local hospital wards and A&E departments to provide extra support to people with mental health needs
- Community-based drug and alcohol services
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) including community and inpatient services
- Services to support people with learning disabilities including community teams, supported living, respite and dental services
- Low secure rehabilitation and step-down rehabilitation services that are gender and age specific, designed to safely integrate individuals back into their local communities
- Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
You can use our Service Directory to find more information on individual services.
Our treatment of patients with mental health conditions is governed by the Mental Health Act and the Mental Capacity Act.