Infection Prevention and Control
Infection Prevention and Control is about preventing infections particularly those that are associated with healthcare – for example, ways of preventing infections being spread on the hands of health care workers or carers.
We all have a part to play in controlling infection.
Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust takes preventing, minimising and controlling the risk of healthcare associated infection to patients / staff / visitors and carers very seriously. Ways in which we do this include:
- Education and training in infection control for all staff employed by Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Staff using good handwashing technique or using alcohol handrubs
- The use of disposable aprons and gloves
- High standards of cleanliness
- Making sure equipment is clean
- How to recognise signs of infection
- Educating patients/healthcare professionals and carers
Download and read our annual reports
For a full list of all the policies including Infection Control related policies please go to our policies page.
You can contact the team on email@example.com.