World Breastfeeding Week
World Breastfeeding Week is an international celebration held from 1-7 August.
The campaign aims to promote and provide support for breastfeeding, improve awareness of the health benefits and break down the barriers to get mums breastfeeding.
This year is the 25th annual World Breastfeeding Week’s and the theme is about ‘working together for the common good.’
We provide health visiting services in Bury, Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale (HMR) and Trafford.
Health visitors are nurses or midwives who are passionate about promoting healthy lifestyles and preventing illness. They work with children from birth to five years and their families.
This includes a range of support to help mums who want to breastfeed, such as:
- Home visits, well baby clinics and a daily duty service to answer any questions
- Breastfeeding support groups
- Peer breastfeeding volunteers to provide face to face support to mothers
- ‘Flo’ text messaging service to provide support to mums
Click the links below for more information about the services available in each borough:
World Breastfeeding Week events
Several events will be taking place across the Trust in support of World Breastfeeding Week.
Health visitors will be promoting breastfeeding at a number of antenatal clinics in children centres:
- Wednesday 2 August - Woodbank Children Centre - 10am -12pm and 2-4pm.
- Thursday 3 August - Whitefield Children’s Centre - 9:30 -11:30am and 1 – 3pm
- Monday 7 August – Little Oaks Children’s Centre - 10am -12pm and 12 - 2pm
Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale
Health visitors will be featuring on Crescent Radio on 2 August 2017 to discuss and raise awareness around breastfeeding. Tune in to 97.0fm or visit http://www.crescentradio.net/ from 12.45pm to find out more.
Health visitors will be holding breastfeeding information drop-in sessions across the borough:
- Tuesday 1 August - The Trafford Centre (Debenhams Restaurant 1st floor) - 10am -12pm
- Wednesday 2 August - Partington Children's Centre (Central Road) - 9.15 -11am
- Thursday 3 August - The Life Centre, Cafe 56 (235 Washway Road) - 10am -12pm
- Friday 4 August - Stretford Children's Centre (9 Poplar Road) – 1 - 3pm
More information about World Breastfeeding Week is available atL www.worldbreastfeedingweek.org/
You can also follow the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #WBW2017