Under the Specific Duties of the Equality Act 2010, the Trust is required to publish one or more specific and measurable equality objective(s), at least once every four years.
Having considered the views of stakeholders and staff, and all other relevant information and monitoring data, we have set the following equality objectives:
- Information and monitoring – effectively monitoring to improve the usefulness of information.
- Communication – improving communication between the Trust and service users and carers, voluntary and community groups, staff, and primary care.
- Engagement – improving engagement with a range of stakeholders.
- Learning and development – ensuring the Trust meets mandatory requirements and provides training that responds to the needs of staff.
- Making the organisation more reflective of the communities we serve.
We will be working to develop suitable actions to support these objectives, and will be reporting on progress.
The equality objective(s) must help to further the three aims of the Equality Duty which are to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.