Access to Information banner

Access to Information

Information about your personal treatment and care will normally be something you will discuss with the healthcare professionals with whom you come into contact. However there may be other issues about which you would like further information and in this part of our website we explain how you can get such information.

Subject Access Requests under the Data Protection Act 1998

If you want to ask us for information which we may hold about you personally then this will be dealt with under the Data Protection Act 1998. This would include information relating to health records, employment and training records - anything which is limited to you as a person whether as a patient, employee or partner of any kind.

If you wish to make a Subject Access Request, the application form is available for download here, or alternatively please  write to:

Subject Access Co-ordinator
Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust HQ
225 Old Street
Lancs, OL6 7SR

You should specify the kind of information you wish to be made available to you and enclosing proof of identity - a formal document or bill with your name and address on it or your driving licence or passport. If you are requesting a copy of your medical records you must also enclose a cheque for £50.00 or £10.00 for any other kind of information personal to you.

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 we have 40 working days to provide the information you ask for. If you are unhappy with any aspect of the way in which we deal with your Subject Access Request you may complain to

Information Governance Manager
Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust HQ
225 Old Street

Or to the Information Commissioner at:

The Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire, SK9 5AF

Our Latest News and Events Head over to our News & Events Page »